Last Updated: July 1, 2020
Purpose of This Policy
We also have separate privacy notices that applies to our employees, job applicants and independent contractors.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information about individuals we interact with in our business, such as individuals at our customers, suppliers and service providers, so that we can operate our business and supply our products and services. Categories of personal information we may collect and process include:
- Identifiers, such as name, job title, address, phone number, email and similar contact information;
- demographic information, such as gender, age, education, employment history, and occupation;
- information about interests or affiliations;
- images and voice recordings;
- preferences for marketing communications, products and services, and feedback about our business;
- information for recruiting, hiring and human resources, such as work eligibility status, financial account information, employment history, protected classifications, government identification, health or medical information and similar personal information of employees and job applicants; and
- additional information individuals voluntarily submit to us.
We collect health information about individuals that visit our facilities or attend functions we host as necessary to safely operate those facilities and functions. We may ask visitors to our facilities to supply identification, which may include personal information such as government identification numbers. Visitors may be recorded on our electronic security systems.
Where required by law, we may require persons that transact business with us or that visit our facilities to provide name, address, or other personal information to allow us to perform required screenings.
How Personal Information Is Collected
We receive personal information from the following sources:
- directly from you, such as when you complete forms, contact us or visit our facilities;
- from your devices, such as when you visit our Site;
- affiliates and subsidiaries;
- customers and prime contractors;
- service providers, suppliers, distributors and sales representatives that provide goods and services;
- internet websites, social media and similar digital sources; and
- governmental entities and regulatory authorities.
We may also receive your personal information from third parties in connection with a business transition such as a merger, reorganization, acquisition, or purchase of all or a portion of business assets. In such transactions, personal information is generally one of the transferred business assets and we may receive your personal information as an asset in any such transaction.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information we collect for our business or commercial purposes, which include one or more of the following:
- Providing products and services to customers, including maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service; processing or fulfilling orders and transactions; verifying customer information; processing payments; providing advertising or marketing services; hosting or attending industry events and tradeshows;
- Human resources and recruitment, by managing all aspects of our relationships with job applicants, employees and independent contractors, including paying wages, fees and expenses; performing screenings, checks and verifications; providing access to facilities; and where appropriate for job applicants and employees, for recruiting; evaluating applications; checking references; administering reviews, discipline, and grievance processes; providing benefits and health programs; and conducting opinions and surveys;
- Legal compliance and protection, including investigating and respond to claims against us; pursuing legal rights and remedies; defending litigation and managing internal complaints or claims; responding to legal process; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and prosecution of those responsible; complying with internal policies and procedures; complying with applicable laws (e.g., tax, health and safety);
- Information technology and security, including detecting security incidents; debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; monitoring the use of IT resources; performing data analytics; securing our facilities;
- Auditing a current interaction or transaction, including but not limited to auditing compliance;
- Business administration, including engaging in strategic planning and project management; maintaining records related to business activities, budgeting and financial management; undertaking internal research for technology development and demonstration, including without limitation to developing and improving our products, services and our websites; undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade or enhance the service or device;
- Acquisition and business transactions including evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding; and
- Other purposes as described to you when collecting your personal information.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share or disclose your personal information with the following third parties:
- affiliates and subsidiaries;
- service providers and suppliers (for example IT companies and others who we engage to provide us services or to whom we outsource work to);
- distributors and sales representatives;
- professional advisors (such as our accountants or legal counsel); and
- government entities and regulatory authorities.
We have centralized certain aspects of our data processing and administration in accordance with applicable laws in order to allow us to better manage our business. That centralization may result in our sharing your personal information with our affiliates. For example, your personal information may be provided to managers or staff of our affiliates in other locations to enable those affiliates to provide us with support services.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell businesses in transactions such as mergers, reorganizations, acquisitions, or the purchase of all or a portion of business assets. We or our assets may also be purchased in these types of transactions. Personal information is often transferred as part of these transactions.
We may be required to disclose personal information if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity, regulatory authority or stock exchange, or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note that the types of third parties we share your personal information with set out above is non-exhaustive and there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information with other third parties in order to operate this Site and our business. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you of any other circumstances where we would share your information on a case-by-case basis.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information.
Personal Information of Children
This Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16.
Third Party Websites
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For example, we have implemented data protections policies, information about you is stored on secured information systems, and physical access to our information systems is limited to authorized individuals.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guaranty the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Access and Choice
Where required by law, we provide you with access to the personal information maintained about you and a reasonable opportunity to correct, amend or delete the information where it is inaccurate or has been processed erroneously, as appropriate. We may limit or deny access to personal information where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or where the rights of third parties would be violated.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Consumers
- applies solely to those individuals who reside in the State of California and whose personal information (as defined below) is collected by us, who are referred to in this Notice as “consumers” or “you“.
This Privacy Notice for California Consumers does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants or independent contractors. The CCPA also temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information“) from some its requirements and accordingly this Notice does not apply to B2B personal information in those circumstances.
Personal Information We Collect About California Consumers
When we talk about personal information in this Privacy Notice for California Consumers, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device.
Personal information does not include information that has been excluded from the scope of the CCPA, such as publicly available information from government records; de-identified or aggregated information; and certain categories of information governed by other sector-specific privacy laws.
Our Privacy Notice above describes the personal information we collect on or through this Site and in other situations and interactions with you. The personal information we collect, and have collected within the 12-month period preceding the date of this Privacy Notice for California Consumers, depending on the particular business situation or transaction, includes the following categories of personal information (as such are defined under the CCPA):
|Category||Examples and Explanation|
|Identifiers||We collect identifiers, such as a name, alias, address, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information subject to the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||We collect additional information, such as signature, physical characteristics or description, education, employment information, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, or any other financial information, and medical information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected classifications under California or federal law||We collect information in protected classifications, such as age, race, sex, national origin and citizenship.|
|Commercial information||We collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.|
|Geolocation information||We collect information about physical location.|
|Sensory information||We collect audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as voice messages and video surveillance for security purposes at our facilities.|
|Professional or employment-related information||We collect professional or employment-related information.|
Use, Sources and Sharing of Personal Information of California Consumers
California Consumer Privacy Rights
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rghts regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we provide certain information about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. You can request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared that personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- the categories of information we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed each category of personal information.
Although we do not sell personal information, you can request that we tell you the categories of information we sold and the categories of third parties to whom we sold each category of personal information.
Your request is subject to our verifying your identity and authority as described in the section called Verifying Requests. We may deny your request to the extent permitted by the CCPA. We do not currently provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collect from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Verifying Requests below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request as permitted by the CCPA. We do not currently provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not sell personal information of consumers, including those known to be less than 16 years old. However, the CCPA provides that if you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
How to Submit a Request
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In submitting an email request to exercise your rights, please provide us in the email with the State in which you reside, your name, a return email or phone number where we can contact you, or indicate we can reply to the email you send to us. Please also identify which privacy rights you would like to exercise. In responding to you, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or comply with your request as described in Verifying Requests below.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide us with information about you to verify your identity.
The type of information that we ask for may vary depending on the type and sensitivity of the personal information we hold about you or that you request to know or delete. If additional information is required to verify your request, we may contact you to provide us with that information before responding to your request for access or deletion. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make an access or deletion request on your behalf, that authorized agent must provide us with a copy of the signed written permission from you. We can deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that the agent is authorized by you to act on your behalf. We may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above) and confirm with us that you provided that permission.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights provided by the CCPA.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Privacy Notice for California Consumers is available in alternative formats upon request. Please contact us as described in the section called CCPA Notice Contact Information to request this privacy notice in an alternative format.
Other California Privacy Rights
While we do not disclose personal information of consumers to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to us or write to us as described in the section called CCPA Notice Contact Information.
CCPA Notice Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us at:
10350 Vacco Street
El Monte, CA 917333
Web Address: www.VACCO.com