For more than 60 years, VACCO has been serving the defense, space and commercial markets with extensive engineering experience and continuous collaboration. From the unforgiving conditions of the deep seas to the demanding elements of deep space, VACCO supports many of the world’s most critical programs and platforms for aircraft, filtration, navy and space with our guiding values.
Since the early 2000’s, VACCO has been at the forefront of the CubeSat technology development, investigating and addressing propulsion system needs specific to the micro-satellite market. Through investment in our employees, facilities and continuous improvement of processes, our highly skilled workforce is able to design and manufacture affordable, high quality products, while incorporating the latest proven technology.
Joe Cardin, Chief Engineer
- 21 years with VACCO Industries
- 36 years of experience in the design, development and production of fluid controls for space flight applications.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, State University of NY, Buffalo
- AAS, Mechanical Technology, State University of NY, Buffalo
- 5 Patents for space vehicle fluid controls; 34 published technical papers
Joe is the inventor of VACCO’s propulsion system product line starting with the original 0.25U Micro-Propulsion System (MiPS) delivered in 2003. He currently leads a talented group of space professionals in the design, development and production of Micro Propulsion Systems for CubeSats and more powerful Integrated Propulsion Systems for SmallSats. Under Joe’s leadership, VACCO has delivered, or is under contract, for 44 propulsion systems include high-performance cold gas systems, warm gas systems and green monopropellant systems.
Cleve Samson, Sales Engineer
- BS, Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace specialization), University of California Irvine, CA
- 7 years of Small Sat and CubeSat business development and applications engineering
Cleve is responsible for technical sales support, applications engineering and business development for highly integrated and customized subsystems for Small Sat and CubeSat applications. Before transitioning to sales and marketing, Cleve designed and tested structural aircraft components. Attending the University of California, Irvine, he earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Aerospace.