Performance density: 692 N-sec/L
VACCO’s hybrid Micro Propulsion System (MiPS) combines green mono-propellant and cold gas propulsion in a single system to provide attitude control and orbital maneuvering. Argotec’s ArgoMoon program utilizes VACCO’s hybrid propulsion system to achieve high levels of total impulse in a limited volume to accomplish the mission requirements.
The VACCO ArgoMoon MiPS is approximately 1.3U plus the tuna can volume and uses one 100 mN green thruster to develop 783 N-sec of total impulse that provides 56 m/s of delta-V for a 14 kg CubeSat. The four 25 mN cold gas thrusters develop 72 N-sec of total impulse. Each thruster independently operates to perform both delta-V and ACS maneuvers through an integrated microprocessor controller.
- Integral titanium fluid control manifold and low friction, space grade valves
- All welded tank construction contains 420 g of propellant and 215 g of pressurant
- Integrated microcontroller and RS-422 interface enable high-level commands from the host spacecraft
- Low power with < 1 Watt for health and status monitoring
- Easily configured for different mono-propellants
- ADN green (LMP-103S)
- Air Force green (AF-M315E)
- Performance density: 692 N-sec/L